The League School of Greater Boston is proud to be doing our part to celebrate the fact that the month of April is Autism Awareness Month
April 3, 2013 | | Blog
The League School of Greater Boston is proud to be doing our part to celebrate the fact that the month of April is Autism Awareness Month. In celebration of this fact, our school is joining with many others in Lighting Up our Facility, Blue which can be seen driving down the hill on Route 1 once it turns dark.
Also, Did You Know the following facts about autism appearing on the Autism Speaks Website?
- One in 50 children between the ages of 6 and 17 have a diagnosis on the autism spectrum
- Autism is the fastest growing development disability in the US
- Autism costs a family approximately $60,000 a year on average
- Boys are nearly five times more likely then girls to have autism
- There is no medical detention or cure for autism.
Please check our website periodically to learn more about autism and our school which has been providing for the special needs of our the greater Boston area and beyond, since 1966.