After the pavilion is open, we hope to move forward with purchasing and installing playground equipment. Building a new playground is a critical need for the students, who benefit socially, emotionally, and physically. Playgrounds also foster exploration and discovery, and a variety of equipment helps children develop problem solving skills and confidence.
Naming opportunities within the space are now available. CLICK HERE to create your legacy today.
Take a look at what we hope to order:
- Spider Climber – the spider web-like design is perfect for climbing and encourages children to use their imagination.
- Sound Station – the Rhapsody drums and Animato (similar to a Xylophone) help children explore the power of rhythm, experience subtle shifts in tone, and discover the many ways each sound can be combined.
- Learning Wall – with multiple components, the wall includes sound, sight, and music activities that promote sensory development.
- Oodle Swings – set side-by-side, kids of all abilities love the thrill of its left to right and back and forth motion.
- We Go Round – students sit and stand in this fun and safe spinning structure that facilitates play and creativity.
- Slidewinder2 – this tall and winding slide with a tower on top offers sensory, social, motor skill, and cognitive benefits.
- Cozy Dome – a curved structure, the dome has a number of openings that offer students an opportunity to explore alone or with other students. The outer surface is fun to climb.
- Chill Spinners – a comfortable seat for sitting or spinning, the spinning motion offers vestibular stimulation and helps kids understand centrifugal force and cause-and-effect. Textured rubber provides a secure and safe experience.
- Double Bobble Spring Rider – this springing, wobbly, bobbly rider is lots of fun for one or two people while also providing an array of social, cognitive, and sensory developmental benefits.
- Crawl Tunnel – perfect for adventurers, the crawl tunnel includes holes on the side and top to let in light and facilitate interaction between kids and teachers.
All proceeds from our April 17-18 Virtual Run/Walk for Autism will go toward purchasing playground equipment. Please consider donating directly to this important project.