UPDATED AS OF AUGUST 25, 2021
As the summer ends and we will begin another school year in September, we look back with gratitude and appreciation for all of those who showed their support throughout what was an unprecedented year and a half. In particular we would like to recognize our teachers and staff, Board of Directors and Friends of League, as well as the maaps (Massachusetts Association of Approved Private Schools) organization and our state agencies, who all played an important role in our successful navigation of this year.
League School continues to keep the safety and the education of our students at the forefront in our transition back to normal operations. We will continue to monitor the situation and look to state and local officials for clarity. Due to the Delta Variant, we have had to reimpose some restrictions lifted in July to protect the health and safety of all.
All of the following updates are effective 8/25/2021
- Staff are again required to take a daily temperature
- Staff members are required to complete a daily heath screening.
- Staff members are required to wear KN-95 or surgical masks
- In person meetings can resume in conference space but participants must be masked.
- Staff members can resume the use of personal mugs and water bottles.
- The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has instituted a mask mandate. All staff and students who are able must wear masks when in the school building.
- Staff should continue to maintain social distance whenever possible.
- There is increased capacity in the public areas (conference space, lunch rooms).
- Clear plastic barriers have been returned to table tops in common areas.
- The cafeteria will remain open for student uses.
- We have begun reducing the use of disposable water bottles.
- Visitors are welcome back into the building.
- Visitors will need to be masked and complete a health questionnaire.
- Visitors will need to have a temperature check.
- Visitors will be expected to maintain 6 feet social distance.
If you have any questions or would like additional information regarding our decision or pandemic policies, please contact League School’s Chief Operating Officer, Cheryl White or League School’s Director of Education, Patrick Fuller.