5 Ways Technology will Contribute to School Post Reopening
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated adoption of technology during the day school’s closure. If there’s a silver lining in the pandemic, it’s that we’ve all learned how these tools can improve academic, support, and communication needs. That’s why technology will continue to play an integral part of the school’s outreach when school resumes.
- Education – for students who choose to wait to return to school, or are out for an extended period, the option of online classes will facilitate uninterrupted learning.
- Parent meetings – holding meetings with parents virtually, including the Parent Advisory Committee, has increased participation. This remote option means parents can stay involved without the worry about scheduling child care or traveling to the school.
- Family safety care training – this popular program helps families learn how to apply behavioral change techniques when their child is exhibiting challenging behaviors. The online format enables increased access.
- Guardianship workshop – over 50 people participated in this spring’s online guardianship workshop, demonstrating the high level of interest in the topic and the convenience of the format. “I have an autistic child who is nearing adulthood and this program was invaluable,” said Friend of League Sammi Robertson. “I especially appreciated the details about how to go about filling out all the paperwork, and how to approach the entire process.” Watch the video here (password 7h#Z542@).
- Just in case – in the event COVID-19 cases surge and force another school shutdown, the school has the programs in place to quickly revert to online learning.